Residents of Nnewi, Anambra State were thrown into panic Saturday following rumour of a medical doctor at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), said to have contracted the Coronavirus after a trip to London.

But the Chief Medical Director of the health institution, Prof. Anthony Igwegbe while confirming that one of his resident doctors returned from London, said he tested negative after his blood sample was sent to the laboratory.

He said his blood sample was taken to Iruua Specialist Hospital, Edo State for test, even when, according to him, he was not manifesting any symptom of the deadly virus.

He explained that the doctor was in self-isolation before the result came out, adding that the hospital had not recorded any case of Covid-19 since the emergence of the pendamic in the state.
He said, “We have received the result and it is negative. No one is admitted here based on the prevalent Covid-19. No suspected case so far. We can quarantine people who are really suspects.
“We don’t have to quarantine some one who is not a suspect otherwise 1,000 kits won’t be enough for us here, even though we have a well equipped isolation centre.”
Axact

ANAMBRA UPDATE

Anambra Update is an independent publication, established in 2012 for the purpose of presenting balanced coverage of events, and of promoting the best interests of Anambra and Ndigbo in extention. It owes allegiance to no political party, ethnic community, religious or other interest group. Its primary commitment is to the integrity and sovereignty of the Federation of Nigeria, and beyond that to the unity and sovereignty of Igbo Social-Cultural Race

Post A Comment: