D'banj's name cleared off rape as accuser withdraw petition
D'banj's name cleared off rape as accuser withdraw petition
D'banj's name has been cleared off rape scandal as his accuser, Seyitan Babatayo has withdrawn the petition submitted to the Nigerian police.

Recalled that Seyitan had in June accused D'banj of raping her in a hotel on December 30, 2018.


In a letter dated July 17, 2020 addressed to the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, through her lawyer,, Olamide Omileye, Seyitan, the accuser said she was withdrawing the case for personal reasons.

"We hereby officially notify you of our client's intention to withdraw and discontinue her petition against Mr Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo aka D'Banj for personal reasons.

"Our client further humbly applies that the investigation and all other action that is currently being carried out by the police with respect to the statement," the letter posted on Twitter by blogger, Kemi Olunloyo, read in part.

In his response to the letter, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Admin), Umar Sanda, said the investigation had been discontinued due to lack of evidence
Axact

ANAMBRA UPDATE

Anambra Update is an independent publication, established in 2012 for the purpose of presenting balanced coverage of events, and of promoting the best interests of Anambra and Ndigbo in extention. It owes allegiance to no political party, ethnic community, religious or other interest group. Its primary commitment is to the integrity and sovereignty of the Federation of Nigeria, and beyond that to the unity and sovereignty of Igbo Social-Cultural Race

Post A Comment: